DSTV will transmit a lot of subscribed channels for the viewing on a television. However some channels are absolutely free to air especially the Astra satellite like Astra 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D.
Satellite finders used for tracking
Spanners (10 to 15 inch sizes)
Dish set comes with its accessories including;
- Reflectors dish (They vary in diameter sizes starting from 60cm)
- 90 degrees pole or bar which is mounted on the wall or ground
- Low-noise block (LNB) Arm and L Bar which supports the signal device
- Reflector bracket which is adjustable for switch the reflector in the right position.
- LNB Holder to hold the LNB in a good position
- Elevation bracket of Adjustive bracket which has a scale to measure the degrees of a given satellite
- 90 degrees clap to clap the elevation bracket to the 90 degrees bar
- Relevant Screws, bolts and nuts
Assembling of the Dish
Mount the reflector bracket to the dish. The arrow marked on the bracket must face the bigger portion of the dish. Using the bolts and nuts, tighten with a spanner to make sure it is firmly fixed.
Mount the adjustive bracket (elevation bracket). Make sure the protruding node faces the bigger portion of the dish.
Use a spanner to tighten the bolts and nuts. Note that the elevation bracket can be adjustable even after fixing it to up to 90 degrees.
On the top of the elevation bracket, put a 90 degrees cramb and use the 900 screws and nuts to tighten.
Mount the L bar on top of the reflector bracket with two screws.
On the other end of the L- Bar, mount the LNB using a screw and a nut.
Screw the LNB cap on the LNB terminal. LNB cap has a node that must face the 9 O’clock side of the dish considered when you directly face the dish.
- The cables have mechanical insulation with copper or silver strands. They also have silver or copper insulation. There is always a solid copper at the core of the cable.
Before terminating the cable ensure that you have two ***connectors
- Cut one end of the cable, twist the strands to make one unit then cut it to remove the silver coating
- Leave a slightly small margin then cut the copper insulation.
- Put the ** connector then screw it so that the solid core copper remains erected at the center of the ** connector.
- Cut the core copper to align with the **Connector edger
- Repeat the above process (50:20) on the other terminal on the cable
- Identify the site
- Mount the dish at the top high ensuring the dish is facing on the East and that no obstacles are barring the dish’s face
- Tighten the elevation angle at 45 degrees as marked on the elevation bracket.
- Open up the cable, terminate one end to Using a signal tracker, while the other to LNB note
- Go behind the dish and adjust the dish until it tracks the signal. The signal tracker device will produce a continuous sound once the signal is tracked.
- Unplug the cable and then fix it to the decoder.
Switch on your TV and decoder, use remote control to search for your favorite channels to be inspired.