Computers have become part and parcel of life in this 21st century. Not knowing how to use basic computer concepts and computer technology would deny you opportunity to solve both personal and organizational problems. Life can be made easy when you embrace computer technology as a necessity in your daily life.
Kick of a course if you are passionate about computers and technology, after which you will be able to identify an area of specialization and after which you are most likely to work an Administrative assistant, Supermarket teller, Data entry clerk, Office assistant or a Marketing assistant.
- Computer Essentials :Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Word Processing : Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet: Microsoft Office
- Presentation :Microsoft Office
- Publication :Microsoft Publisher
- Using Database Microsoft Office
- Online Essentials :Mozilla Fire Fox and Gmail
- Online Collaboration :Google Suite
- Understanding key concepts relating to ICT, computers, telecommunication devices and Software.
- Working effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjusting the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Knowing about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organize files and folders.
- Understanding key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understanding network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understanding the importance of protecting data and devices from malware and of backing up data.
- Recognizing considerations relating to green IT, accessibility and user health.
- Working with documents and saving them in different file formats.
- Choosing built-in options such as the Help function to enhancing productivity.
- Creating and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Applying different formats to documents to enhance them before distribution and recognizing good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Inserting tables, images and drawn objects into documents.
- Adjusting document page settings and check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
- Working with presentations and save them in different file formats.
- Choosing built-in options such as the help function within the application to enhance productivity.
- Understanding different presentation views and when to use them, choose different slide layouts and designs.
- Entering, editing and formatting text in presentations. Recognize good practice in applying unique title to slides.
- Choosing, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Inserting and edit pictures, images, and drawn objects.
- Applying animation and transition effects to presentations and check and correct presentation content before finally printing and giving presentations.
- Understanding web browsing and online security concepts.
- Using the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, web outputs.
- Searching effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understanding key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understanding concepts of online communities, communications and e-mail.
- Sending, receiving e-mails and manage e-mail settings.
- Organizing and searching e-mails and use calendars.
- Understanding MS-Excel 2010 screen and its elements.
- Entering formula, copy using fill handle.
- Formatting cells and ranges using text alignment.
- Creating effective charts from the underlying data and enhance the appearance of charts with options in the charts.
- Numeric formatting, boarders and shading and other features of MS-Excel.
- Using named cells to make formula more readable.
- Viewing, move and delete print jobs from the print queue.
- Setting page layout, margins, headers and footers, and print title.
- Creating links so that you can use the same data in more than one worksheets and charts from Excel.
- Creating multiple worksheets and use absolute referencing.
- Saving the worksheets for future use and print the worksheet.
- Customizing MS-Excel and use the on-line help available in Excel.
- Learning about the built-in functions available in MS-Excel.
- Enhancing the appearance of the worksheet with boarders and shades.
- Sorting and summarize the data in the database.
- Summarizing and presenting data using Pivot Tables.
- Creating and identify the various components on an Access database.
- Understanding data storage in terms of files, records and fields.
- Maintaining data by adding, deleting and editing the existence records.
- Creating and modify tables: sort, find and filter records in tables.
- Understanding the various data type supported by MS-Access.
- Understanding the need for complex relational operators like AND and OR.
- Creating forms and edit the form design.
- Designing simple queries, total queries and queries from multiple tables.
- Action queries: updating Append, Deleting and Making Table queries.
- Creating a wide range of report including those with sub totals.
- Using calculated fields in reports, Use on-line help
- Creating and use sub-reports and sub-forms.
- Relationships: Creating and editing relationships between tables.
- Importing data from another database/application
- Creating a Main Menu or Switchboard.
- Printing tables, reports and forms.
- Understanding the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Setting up accounts to prepare for online collaboration.
- Using online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate.
- Using online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities.
- Collaborating and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis.
- Learning how to schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments.
- Understanding key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications and synchronization.
HOW I TRAIN
- I am going to emphasize around the area you are passionate about
- I am going to make a course as interactive as possible.
- I will make sure you independently enjoy working on computers.
- I will train step by step (Tab after Tab) with no step skipped
- I will short share tutorial clips over emails and Whatsapp
- I will share relevant tools, systems, and blueprints that I personally made for my course over years.
START DATE AND SCHEDULE
We’ll get started on the agreed date and time.
The lessons will commence after the payment is made for a section or course.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Smart phone
- The cost of this training is KSH.2,500/= per section, or
- Onetime cost of 15,500/- (Save 2,000/-)
I accept MPesa payments. I can as well manually send invoice for payment by a cheque or bank transfer, if you would prefer.
Please, reach out for assistance.