Q. What do your websites cost?
A. Our prices depend on many factors. However, a website like www.victor-isaacs.com will cost 185.00 USD. I’ll ask a few questions about your project, what features and interactivity you’ll need, who will handle content development, whether or not you’d like to sell online. After this short discussion, I should be able to give you a baseline number. If you’re still interested, I’ll be happy to develop a comprehensive proposal that outlines the scope, process and costs.
Q. How long does it take to build a site?
A. Once we have all the content (text and images), it should take 4-12 days for me to design and build a typical, small scale website of 5-8 pages. The most time consuming phase of any web project is collecting and writing the content.
Q. Why should we hire Victor?
A. I started our business in 2015, after each having strong and successful careers in computer programming, graphic design, and marketing. i believe that my strong portfolio and our solid reputation for producing quality work on time and on budget are our best sales tools. I provide a list of references with each proposal.
Q. How does the development process work?
A. There are nine steps in our development process
- Discovery – If the project is a rebuild, I review your current content and make further recommendations for improvements. If it’s a new site, we start by discussing the subjects and functionality you envisage for your site and develop an outline for you.
- Content – You compile all the content for the website, including all text and images. However, if you don’t have time I will be available to get content for your site.
- Organization – When I have received all content in its final version, I review it to determine the best way to organize the information. The structure of the site is based on this organizational scheme and must be approved by you.
- Design Revision – After reviewing the initial design, you have the opportunity to request changes.
- Implementation – Once I’ve received your approval on the design, I move on to implementation. This is where the approved design becomes concrete and where we add site-specific features.
- Page Content – When we have all the content that will be included on the site and an approved design, we will enter all the data.
- Testing – You and I run through a final set of tests to be sure that everything is functional. You have an opportunity at this time to test the site as well.
- Launch – Once I have your final approval, we launch the site. This marks the end of the project.
Q. What are your payment terms?
A. Generally I require a 60% deposit. The balance is due one calendar month after testing begins.A
Q. Do you offer web hosting services?
A. I offer hosting services as a way to keep things as simple as possible for my clients As a courtesy, I continue to monitor the service, and let you know when the hosting plan or domain registration is due for renewal.
Q. Are your sites mobile-friendly?
A. Yes. Every site I have built since 2015 has been mobile-friendly. The method I use to achieve this is known as responsive design, which ensures that the site works well on a wide variety of screen sizes, from smartphones and tablets through to small and large desktop monitors.
Q. Will I be able to make changes to the site after it is completed?
A. Yes. I use WordPress to build our sites and this powerful content management system allows anyone with good computer skills to make changes to their own website. I always remain available to make changes for you, if you don’t have time or you need more complex changes.