- Computer Essentials :Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Word Processing : Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet: Microsoft Office
- Presentation :Microsoft Office
- Publication :Microsoft Publisher
- Using Database Microsoft Office
- Online Essentials :Mozilla Fire Fox and Gmail
- Online Collaboration :Google Suite
- Understanding key concepts relating to ICT, computers, telecommunication devices and Software.
- Working effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjusting the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Knowing about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organize files and folders.
- Understanding key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understanding network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understanding the importance of protecting data and devices from malware and of backing up data.
- Recognizing considerations relating to green IT, accessibility and user health.
- Working with documents and saving them in different file formats.
- Choosing built-in options such as the Help function to enhancing productivity.
- Creating and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Applying different formats to documents to enhance them before distribution and recognizing good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Inserting tables, images and drawn objects into documents.
- Adjusting document page settings and check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
- Working with presentations and save them in different file formats.
- Choosing built-in options such as the help function within the application to enhance productivity.
- Understanding different presentation views and when to use them, choose different slide layouts and designs.
- Entering, editing and formatting text in presentations. Recognize good practice in applying unique title to slides.
- Choosing, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Inserting and edit pictures, images, and drawn objects.
- Applying animation and transition effects to presentations and check and correct presentation content before finally printing and giving presentations.
- Understanding web browsing and online security concepts.
- Using the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, web outputs.
- Searching effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understanding key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understanding concepts of online communities, communications and e-mail.
- Sending, receiving e-mails and manage e-mail settings.
- Organizing and searching e-mails and use calendars.
- Understanding MS-Excel 2010 screen and its elements.
- Entering formula, copy using fill handle.
- Formatting cells and ranges using text alignment.
- Creating effective charts from the underlying data and enhance the appearance of charts with options in the charts.
- Numeric formatting, boarders and shading and other features of MS-Excel.
- Using named cells to make formula more readable.
- Viewing, move and delete print jobs from the print queue.
- Setting page layout, margins, headers and footers, and print title.
- Creating links so that you can use the same data in more than one worksheets and charts from Excel.
- Creating multiple worksheets and use absolute referencing.
- Saving the worksheets for future use and print the worksheet.
- Customizing MS-Excel and use the on-line help available in Excel.
- Learning about the built-in functions available in MS-Excel.
- Enhancing the appearance of the worksheet with boarders and shades.
- Sorting and summarize the data in the database.
- Summarizing and presenting data using Pivot Tables.
- Creating and identify the various components on an Access database.
- Understanding data storage in terms of files, records and fields.
- Maintaining data by adding, deleting and editing the existence records.
- Creating and modify tables: sort, find and filter records in tables.
- Understanding the various data type supported by MS-Access.
- Understanding the need for complex relational operators like AND and OR.
- Creating forms and edit the form design.
- Designing simple queries, total queries and queries from multiple tables.
- Action queries: updating Append, Deleting and Making Table queries.
- Creating a wide range of report including those with sub totals.
- Using calculated fields in reports, Use on-line help
- Creating and use sub-reports and sub-forms.
- Relationships: Creating and editing relationships between tables.
- Importing data from another database/application
- Creating a Main Menu or Switchboard.
- Printing tables, reports and forms.
- Understanding the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Setting up accounts to prepare for online collaboration.
- Using online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate.
- Using online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities.
- Collaborating and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis.
- Learning how to schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments.
- Understanding key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications and synchronization.
KSH. 3,000.00 PER SECTION